If you can't find heirloom tomatoes, this refreshing salad would also be delicious with any other variety of ripe tomato.
- 1-1/2 ripe avocados
- 3 lb (1.4 kg) mixed heirloom tomatoes, (about 12)
- Anchovy Balsamic Dressing:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp (18 mL) anchovy paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Peel, pit and quarter avocados lengthwise; thinly slice and fan in centre of platter or plates. Cut tomatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices; overlap around avocados. Drizzle with dressing.
Additional information : Tip: For a vegetarian version, replace anchovy paste with equal amount of chopped rinsed capers.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2007