Serve this easy, outstandingly flavoured dish with crusty bread to sop up all the zesty sauce. It also makes a delicious appetizer for six.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced dried chorizo sausages, (6 oz/175 g)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 lb (907 g) plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sherry vinegar, or wine vinegar
- 4 lb (1.8 kg) littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed torn fresh basil
Stir in tomatoes and vinegar; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Add clams; cover and bring to boil over high heat. Cook just until clams open wide, 8 to 10 minutes. Discard any that do not open. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
Additional information : Variation
Steamed Mussels with Chorizo and Tomatoes: Omit clams. Use 2 lb (1 kg) mussels, scrubbed and beards removed; reduce cooking time to 4 to 6 minutes.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2007