Tender-crisp green beans and mashed potatoes are perfect fuss-free sides. Tip: You can substitute any dry white wine you have on-hand for the Marsala in this recipe.
- 8 fast fry pork loin centre chops, (1 lb/500 g)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot or half small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz (170 g) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweet Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh parsley
Saute shallot and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, Italian seasoning and remaining salt and pepper; saute, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Add Marsala; cook until reduced by half. Add broth and 1/4 cup (50 mL) water; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, mash butter with remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) flour; stir into sauce and cook until thickened. Return pork to pan; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2008