If you like it hot, use hot Italian sausage. Spinach can substitute for the Swiss chard but heat just until wilted.
- 1 lb (454 g) Italian sausages
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed coarsely chopped Swiss chard leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shaved Parmesan cheese
Cut sausage into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown sausage. Transfer to bowl. Drain fat from pan.
Add onion, garlic, potatoes, Italian herb seasoning, pepper and hot pepper flakes to pan; fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Add water and stock; bring to boil. Return sausage to pan; reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 7 minutes.
Add Swiss chard; simmer, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2006