Typically sweeter and lower in acidity than red tomatoes, the yellow variety make a sunny version of this classic chilled summer soup.
- 8 heirloom yellow tomatoes, about 2 lb (1 kg)
- 1-1/4 cup (300 mL) diced, seeded, peeled cucumbers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red onions
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) white wine
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar, or rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper sauce
In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the tomatoes, 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cucumber and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the red onion; set aside for garnish. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
In blender, blend together remaining tomatoes and reserved juice, remaining cucumber and red onion, yellow pepper, garlic, wine, oil, vinegar, salt, and hot pepper sauce (if using) until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.) Serve topped with reserved vegetable garnish.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2007