Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr
Original Recipe Yield 1 - 9 inch pie
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, butter, egg yolks, brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and evaporated milk. Mix together well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; add 1/4 cup sugar and fold into sweet potato mixture.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until firm.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html