Pecan rice with beef broth, brown rice, green onion and toasted pecans.
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 cups brown rice
- 2 cups beef broth (or use 2 cans) and additional water to make 6 cups
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped w/some green
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:Measure broth, Worcestershire sauce, and hot water to make 6 cups of liquid. Bring to a boil; add brown rice. Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes, until tender.
In large skillet, heat the butter or oil and add the onions and celery; cook until just limp. Add pecans and toss until well mixed. Set aside, remove from heat until rice is cooked.
When rice is done, add celery, onions, and pecans. Mix well. Add additional butter or margarine if necessary. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.