A spinach casserole with cheese and eggs.
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup raw brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound well washed fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs or plain wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon butter -- melted
Preparation:Cook brown rice, following label directions. Combine the cooked rice and shredded Cheddar cheese. In a separate bowl combine the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir the two mixtures together and add the raw spinach. Pour into a buttered 2 1/2-quart casserole. Stir together bread crumbs or wheat germ and the 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of spinach casserole.
Bake spinach casserole at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.