Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 125 g soybeans, soaked overnight
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- Bring a pot of water (2 cups) to a boil, lower flame, add salt to taste (around 1/4 tsp), and cook the pre-soaked soy beans for about 30 minutes, or until cooked.
- While the beans are cooking, heat oil in a saucepan on a medium-high flame and add the mustard seeds.
- When they start sputtering, add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn brown.
- Now add the tomato paste, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked soy beans to the saucepan, mix well and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot!