Original Recipe Yield 4 servings Ingredients
- 4 (8 ounce) yams
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place yams on a baking sheet.
- Bake yams for 40 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the red pepper, avocado, cilantro, olive oil, green onions, cumin and lime juice.
- Cut yams in half lengthwise, and fluff the centers with a fork. Top with the avocado stuffing. Season with salt and pepper, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html