Quick to prepare, moist and delicious, this cake is great for snacking or as a special breakfast treat. Whole spelt flour is available in the health food section of most grocery stores, at bulk food stores or in natural food shops.
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) whole spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced almonds, optional
In small bowl, toss together raspberries, blueberries and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the all-purpose flour; set aside.
In bowl, whisk spelt flour, remaining all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until pale and thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in butter, oil and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until smooth. Fold in berries. Scrape into prepared pan. Sprinkle with almonds (if using).
Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven for 50 minutes or until golden brown and cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack. (Make-ahead: Cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2007