Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
- 16 ounces soy tempeh
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish (I use Cascadian Farms organic sweet relish)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seed
- 1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup scallion, sliced into little rings, only the white and very light parts
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (I recommend Vegenaise non-dairy vegan mayonnaise)
- Prepare the tempeh first breaking it into chunks and steaming it over boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Assemble the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl adjusting the amounts according to your preference.
- Finely crumble the cooled tempeh into the bowl and combine with the chopped vegetables.
- Add the mayonnaise last.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve as a sandwich spread – hearty wheat bread is nice, or serve as a dip with organic stone ground tortilla chips.
- Serving size is relative -- .