Recipe by By: , posted in Allrecipes.com, Canada (Source)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 ounces snow peas, strings removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, stir salt into water until dissolved. Add shrimp, and set aside 5 minutes. Rinse shrimps, and dry on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together broth, rice wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Cook shrimp, turning constantly, until pink on all sides, about 1 minute. Stir in garlic, ginger, and 2 teaspoons oil. Stir in snow peas, chives, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir-fry 1 minute more.
- Stir broth mixture into skillet, and continue cooking until sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
207 Total Fat: 7.8g Cholesterol: 173mg
Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database