Good recipe for picky kids
There are a lot of kids that state they don't like oatmeal. That is because they never had these nice sweet muffins before. The raw material might not be their cup of tea but by adding the sweet raisins and baking it there is a good chance they will change their minds. With this recipe everybody must love oatmeal. I think even picky kids will give these muffins a try. If your kid is really really picky maybe it's better to tell them afterwards that these muffins are quite healthy and packed with fiber, some kids don't even want to try healthy stuff (I know it's stupid but that's the way it works with picky kids)
Because of the whole wheat flour and the oats this muffin will add lots of nutritious fiber to you your diet. Why do you think sportsmen love fiber? It is exactly what you're your body needs to get going. There is also fresh fruit in these muffins so what's not to love about these muffins? I would say it's the perfect breakfast muffin.
Ingredients for oatmeal banana muffins with raisins
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of instant oats
- ¼ cup of dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup of granulated sweetener (check if you can use it for baking, not all sweeteners can do that)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup of raisins / sultanas
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of buttermilk (you could also use low-fat yogurt)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- You will need two bowls for this recipe, one for all dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients.
- In the dry bowl we will place the Whole wheat flour, the instant oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and the sugar and the sweetener.
- In the wet bowl collect the other ingredients: mashed bananas oil, eggs and buttermilk
- Make sure all ingredients are mixed in their own bowl
- Now make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the well. Fold the batter until just mixed. Stop folding asap. If you keep stirring you will end up with rubbery muffins so don't try to get rid of every lump you see.
- Now scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin (I like those paper liners, makes it easier to eat the muffins without getting dirty fingers)
- Put the muffin tin in the preheated oven and enjoy the smell of homemade fresh healthy muffins for 20 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick for doneness
If you like this type of banana muffins please check the Bran Wholemeal oatmeal banana muffin selection.
Secret To A Vibrant And Healthy Lifestyle
That You Can Find Easily At The Comfort Of Your Kitchen.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html