- 1 cup of white rice
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 pound steak or london broil (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 pounds of broccoli
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or xanthan gum (thickener)
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions or in a rice cooker.
- Mix the garlic, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce in a bowl. Add the sliced beef and mix it around to coat. Then put it to the side.
- Mix the broth, sherry, sugar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Place this to the side.
- In another bowl, whisk the cornstarch or xanthan gum with water.
- Slice the broccoli florets into 1 1/2-inch pieces. You can use the stems by trimming and peeling them first, and then slicing them diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of water to boiling on medium-high in a large skillet. Put the broccoli in and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked. Then drain the broccoli and put it to the side.
- Rinse the pan you used for the broccoli. Then heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil on medium-high. Once hot, put in half of the beef and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then remove and place the beef on a covered plate. Repeat until all the beef is cooked.
- Add the broth mixture into a pot and bring to a boil. Then, add the cornstarch or xanthan gum mixture and return to a boil. Cook this for one minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the broccoli and heat throughout. Once hot, remove the broccoli from the stove and stir in the beef. Serve the dish over rice.
Cooking time (duration): 35 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 5 People
Natural Juicing Recipes
Secret To A Vibrant And Healthy Lifestyle
Made From Fresh Fruits And Vegetable Recipes
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5648732