- Preparation time: 9 minutes
- Cook time : 16 minutes
- 2 lb (907 g) mussels
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 bulb fennel, chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed lovage leaves, (or 1/4 cup/60 mL each parsley and celery leaves), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook fennel, shallots and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, just until tomatoes begin to break up, about 3 minutes.
Stir in lovage and wine; boil for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits. Add mussels; cover and boil until mussels open, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer mussels to deep bowl, discarding any that do not open. Pour sauce over mussels.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2010