The fungi family isn't huge in our diet, so mushrooms bring different nutrients from most other vegetables. In Chinese medicine, they are thought of as an important component of healing.
Vegan Stuffed Mushroom Recipe Ingredients
- 12 mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 Tbsp red wine (or white)
- 3 Tbsp water
- Fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup almonds
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Take the stems off the mushrooms and chop them.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent, then add the garlic, the mushroom stems and the thyme.
- When the stems soften, add a small amount of wine to deglaze the pan, and then add water.
- Brush any dirt off the mushroom tops, then put them in the pan, tops down. Spoon a bit of the juice over them and then let them simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds lightly and then grind them in a coffee grinder, blender or food processor. Mix them in a small bowl with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast if you're using it.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan, then move the spinach to the pan. If you sprinkle it with a pinch of salt, it will help the spinach to wilt.
- Turn off the heat once the spinach is wilted and stir together the mushroom stems and almond mixture with the spinach.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps, then put them on a baking dish. Put them into the oven, preheated to 350 degrees F, for 15-20 minutes. The stuffing will start to brown when done, and the mushrooms should be soft and moist.
Heather Nauta is a registered holistic nutritionist who teaches you how to live a healthy vegan/vegetarian lifestyle, including how to get proper nutrition, enough protein, vitamin b12 and other minerals, and how to make an amazing variety of simple, fast healthy recipes that taste incredible for you and your family.
Made From Fresh Fruits And Vegetable Recipes
Secret To A Vibrant And Healthy Lifestyle
That You Can Find Easily At The Comfort Of Your Kitchen.
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html