Thursday, May 31, 2012

Easy Squash Recipe - Spaghetti Squash

 By

I am going to share an easy squash recipe, because it was something that really helped me kick my addiction of pasta, hope you enjoy. When I started my weight loss diet plan, I worked hard to give up foods that I loved or at least thought I loved, most notably; bread (wheat), processed foods, and pasta. Eliminating the BIG 3 from my diet was no easy task. That is when I discovered my favourite go to, low carbohydrate alternative for pasta. Spaghetti Squash!
One night, my wife and I had a dinner made for us by another health conscious friend. The main dish was spaghetti squash. Since that night, this meal has been in my cooking loop and appears on our table at least twice a month.
There are many ways to prepare the dish (I have tried several), but the one I will outline here and in the video, is probably the easiest to follow and hardest to screw up.
This recipe serves: 4
Equipment needed:
  • baking sheet
  • oven
  • oven mitts
  • sauce pan
  • wooden spoon
  • fork
  • heavy kitchen knife
Ingredients
  • 1 large spaghetti squash
  • 1 table spoon butter
  • 1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey)
  • Spaghetti sauce of your choice and desired quantity (homemade tomato, or store bought)
*Yuk processed food, but it could be a time saver, and the key is skipping the pasta, so don't be too hard on yourself if you don't have homemade tomato sauce*
Directions:
1. Wash then cut spaghetti squash in half
  • careful do not to cut yourself!
2. Scoop out the seeds
  • you can do this before or after cooking, I like to do it before
3. Place both halves on the baking sheet, rind side up
  • that means the inside of the squash faces down
4. Pre-heat oven for at 350C then place squash in the oven and bake for 40 minutes
  • make sure you track the progress, you don't want to burn the house down
  • the key is to get the squash soft enough to scoop out the insides effortlessly
5. Brown meat on stovetop
  • I hope you know how to do that
  • Just make sure the meat is dry before you start browning, and that you drain the fat before adding the sauce
6. Take squash out of oven, scrape the inside of the squash wife a fork letting contents fall into a bowl, and BAM you got spaghetti squash
  • don't forget to wear gloves, it is hot
  • if you are having trouble scarping it out, you might have to put the squash back in the oven
  • if all else fails, just add butter
7. Add meat sauce and enjoy!
Just click the link below to check out my video for spaghetti squash.
This easy squash recipe helped me kick the pasta addiction. Hope it works for you!
Jordan Figueiredo is a physical education teacher in Ontario, Canada and is a dedicated husband, and coach. Jordan has recently lost 40lbs after years of struggling to maintain a healthy weight. While teaching and coaching consume most of his time, he has created http://www.thehealthyteacher.com to share his weight loss journey and explore important ideas for people interested in creating their best body, while still maintaining a balanced life.
You can check out his site at http://www.thehealthyteacher.com/
Or contact him at jordan@thehealthyteacher.com


For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html

For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jordan_Figueiredo

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4959918

No comments:

Post a Comment