Preparation time: 25 minutes + 15 minutes marinating
Total cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 stem lemon grass, white part only, chopped
- 5cm (2 inch) piece of ginger, chopped
- 2-3 small red chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated kaffir lime or lime rind
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 375g (12 oz.) chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 250g (8 oz.) green beans, cut into pieces
- 1 celery stick, cut into slices
- 185g (6 oz.) snow peas, halved
- 200g (6 1/2 oz.) asparagus, cut into pieces
- 270ml (9 fl oz.) can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 20 small basil leaves
1. Place the lemon grass, the ginger, the chilli, the lime rind, the garlic, the black pepper and the oil in your food processor or blender and process until the new mixture will form a rough paste. Then combine the paste and the chicken strips in a medium glass or ceramic bowl, cover it and refrigerate it for at least 15 minutes or so.
2. Then briefly blanch the beans, the celery, the snow peas and the asparagus in a pan of boiling water. Drain and plunge into very cold water and drain again.
3. Then heat the wok until it is very hot and stir-fry all the chicken mixture in batches over very high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or so, or until the chicken is well cooked through. Stir it constantly so the paste does not burn. Then add the vegetables, the coconut cream, the sweet chilli sauce, to taste, and the basil leaves. Stir-fry them until well heated through. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
- Protein 50g;
- Fat 30g;
- Carbohydrate 8g;
- Dietary Fibre 6g;
- Cholesterol 95mg;
- Energy 1990kJ (475cal)
Copyright © Shirley M. Duran, All Rights Reserved. If you are interested in using this article make all the urls (links) active. Thank you!
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html