I am going to share an easy squash recipe, because it was something that really helped me kick my addiction of pasta, hope you enjoy. When I started my weight loss diet plan, I worked hard to give up foods that I loved or at least thought I loved, most notably; bread (wheat), processed foods, and pasta. Eliminating the BIG 3 from my diet was no easy task. That is when I discovered my favourite go to, low carbohydrate alternative for pasta. Spaghetti Squash!
One night, my wife and I had a dinner made for us by another health conscious friend. The main dish was spaghetti squash. Since that night, this meal has been in my cooking loop and appears on our table at least twice a month.
There are many ways to prepare the dish (I have tried several), but the one I will outline here and in the video, is probably the easiest to follow and hardest to screw up.
This recipe serves: 4
- baking sheet
- oven mitts
- sauce pan
- wooden spoon
- heavy kitchen knife
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 table spoon butter
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey)
- Spaghetti sauce of your choice and desired quantity (homemade tomato, or store bought)
1. Wash then cut spaghetti squash in half
- careful do not to cut yourself!
- you can do this before or after cooking, I like to do it before
- that means the inside of the squash faces down
- make sure you track the progress, you don't want to burn the house down
- the key is to get the squash soft enough to scoop out the insides effortlessly
- I hope you know how to do that
- Just make sure the meat is dry before you start browning, and that you drain the fat before adding the sauce
- don't forget to wear gloves, it is hot
- if you are having trouble scarping it out, you might have to put the squash back in the oven
- if all else fails, just add butter
Just click the link below to check out my video for spaghetti squash.
This easy squash recipe helped me kick the pasta addiction. Hope it works for you!
You can check out his site at http://www.thehealthyteacher.com/
Or contact him at email@example.com
For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html
For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html